Teacher of Science
Closing Dates: 17th December 2017
Salary: The academy has its own competitive scales, plus performance related bonuses
Contract type: Permanent
Start Date: April 2018
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels? - Ofsted 2015
Are you looking for a school where “There is a strong, aspirational and supportive ‘family’ culture of teams”, “where commitment to learning and development is high” - Investors in People GOLD AWARD 2014
The Petchey academy is currently seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial individuals to work within the science department
Outstanding Teacher wanted for an exceptional school!
The Petchey Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial staff to work at this academy, where there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD. We are currently recruiting for a Teacher of Science from any scientific background.
Science at The Petchey Academy has a very high profile and forms a key part of the Academy’s specialism of Health Care and Medical Science. Biology, Chemistry and Physics are all very popular choices for students at Key Stage 4 and 5 including the Access to Medicine pathway in Sixth Form (University Gateway). The Science subject area also enjoys strong links with local primary schools and universities and benefits from a Clinical Skills Lab in partnership with UEL.
We are looking for:
· A Qualified teacher who can teach across all key stages and who has excellent subject knowledge
· A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning
· A Collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through an assortment or inventive approaches including curriculum design and teaching strategies through the use of ICT and intervention programmes
· An excellent, enthusiastic classroom practitioner with the ability to a Science subject across all Key Stages
· NQT’s are also encouraged to apply
· Ideally a chemistry specialist
We can offer you:
· The opportunity to be part of a growing Academy in the centre of Hackneys thriving community.
· Excellent facilities and resources for all colleagues and students
· Excellent professional development opportunities and opportunity to grow within the academy.
· Fantastic employee benefits, including subsidised gym membership from our onsite sports club, eye care vouchers, staff socials, travel loan scheme and lots more
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey, is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!”
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued.
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and our recruitment-vacancies page (Please note we do not accept CVs, the application form should be fully completed) please apply ASAP as we may close the advert if we receive the right candidate.