Inspire their Remarkable
Richmond Park Academy is part of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) group and is situated in East Sheen, close to Richmond Park. Richmond, Kingston and the West End are all between 15 and 30 minutes journey from the school and our proximity to central London means that students can benefit enormously from the vast range of social, cultural, sporting and academic opportunities that we are able to access.
The Academy completed a £10m rebuild and refurbishment programme, including the introduction of a 6th form in 2014. Our 2018 Ofsted reported that we were a ‘Good’ school in all categories. The inspectors judged: “The principal is respected across the school and has communicated a clear vision for the school to all members of the school community. He has empowered the leadership team to raise standards and hold staff to account for pupils’ outcomes through a relentless focus on improving teaching and learning. Staff feel well supported and happy to be part of the drive for improvement”.
The science faculty is a vibrant and dynamic department with a wide range of backgrounds and specialisms within our teachers. We offer all three sciences at KS5 and they are proving very popular within the school. We boast newly refurbished labs and state of the art equipment for science practicals. The successful candidate would be expected to teach all sciences at KS3 and 4 and their subject specialism at KS5.
We are looking for a highly skilled and confident Science Teacher who has the ability to inspire pupils and a candidate who has the ability to work collaboratively and innovatively and who wants to give their time and energy to leading extracurricular activities. The newly appointed member of staff will be an excellent teacher with a passion and flair for the subject and the teaching of it. He or she will be an ambitious, committed and hardworking team player who will support the Academy in continuing to raise the profile and ongoing success of the subject area, and, more widely, the Academy.
Whether you are just starting out in the profession or have more experience you will be part of a highly motivated Science faculty and if you strive for excellence and enjoy doing things well you will have the opportunity to develop your own practice and to try new things.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
This position is required to commence 1 September 2019 and is a permanent post.
Closing date: Monday 20 May 2019
Interview date: W/C 20 May 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For further information on this position and to make an application please click the 'Quick Apply' button below.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.