The Chalk Hills Academy have a great opportunity for a passionate Teacher of Science to join our wonderful Department. The Chalk Hills Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include a brand new gym with new equipment from April 2019 which staff are welcome to use after school hours.
We are looking for a teacher who wants to make a real difference in supporting students and furthering the success of the department. Science is a subject where you can really captivate students’ attention with various exciting experiments and interactive lessons. At the Chalk Hills Academy, we have modern, fully equipped labs and Science Technicians on hand to help. Therefore, we are looking to appoint a teacher who is motivated to teach engaging and effective lessons with the range of resources we have available. We welcome applications from teachers of all Science specialisms.
It’s incredibly important to us here at The Chalk Hills Academy that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!
VISITS ARE WARMLY WELCOMED!
• Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all students
• Be an aspirational professional who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners.
• To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
• To assess pupils’ work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.
The successful candidate will:
• Have qualified teacher status and experience delivering Science
• Have demonstrable commitment to inclusive teaching and learning.
• Be able to demonstrate the appropriate motivation to work with young people
• Use data to inform target setting and planning.
• Start date: ASAP or January 2020
• Salary: MPS 1 – 6 - £24,373 - £35,971 (depending on experience)
• Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
• £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
• You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
• Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
• Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
• Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018