Job Title: Teacher of Science
Reports to: Head of Science
Responsible for: Delivering the highest quality learning experiences to pupils in the Science Department
Start date: May 2018
Salary: Main Scale (Inner London)
Disclosure level: Enhanced
Roles included: Classroom teacher, Form Tutor
To contribute to developing Phoenix Academy into an outstanding school by teaching a challenging Science curriculum, immersing yourself in professional development and constantly reflecting on and refining your practice.
You will share in the Future Academies Trusts belief and vision that with the right teaching every student will reach their full potential and that schools serve their families and the local community as well as their pupils.
A Future Academies teacher is:
- Passionate about their subject and have excellent academic qualifications and thorough subject knowledge.
- Aligned with our educational vision and committed to a knowledge-led curriculum, with high ambitions for pupil attainment and in the central role of the teacher as expert.
- Able to combine academic rigour and achievement with enjoyment of the subject.
- Committed to providing a high standard of pastoral care.
- Equipped to deliver strong classroom management.
- An inspirational leader, with the capacity to develop excellence in others.
- A good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills and the ability to unify and motivate a team.
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Committed to wider school life and be willing to engage in a range of extra-curricular activities.
We can offer you:
- Free access to our leisure centre which includes a swimming pool, fitness suite and dance studio
- The opportunity to work with enthusiastic and happy pupils
- The chance to help rapidly improve the most important school in London
- Excellent CPD focused on outstanding teaching and learning
- Access to the Trust Future Leaders programme and multiple leadership development opportunities
- The expertise and support of senior leadership and colleagues across the Future Academies Trust
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
To apply: please visit our website www.futureacademies.org or www.phoenixacademy.org.uk to download further information and an application form. Please email a letter of application outlining why you consider yourself suitable for the role and the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: February 23rd 2018
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process so early applications are encouraged.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.