Teacher of Science
MPS/UPS (Maternity cover)
Required from September 2018
We are seeking to employ a creative, passionate teacher of Science to develop their skills within our successful Science department. The successful candidate will join a dynamic, enthusiastic team who put students at the heart of everything they do and are constantly at the forefront of new initiatives both department, and school, wide. The teaching of Biology, Chemistry and Physics at KS3 and KS4 is a requirement of the successful candidate.
Colton Hills Community School is a highly regarded 11-18 community school judged by OFSTED to be a ‘GOOD’ school. The school encompasses a rich and harmonious multicultural community and is committed to the development of all students with the majority staying on in the sixth form.
The Science Department
The Science department has a vision to prepare all students for their future career by developing their skills and broadening their horizons and aspirations.
Science is very popular with our students and their parents and many students choose to study science in the sixth form and progress to university study. Our students are eager to learn and respond well to good, consistent teaching.
The person we are looking for should be:
• enthusiastic and passionate about Science
• inspirational, creative and a highly effective teacher
• committed to ensuring excellent student progress
• hardworking, an imaginative thinker and have excellent organisational and time management skills
• able to network and build positive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
OFSTED May 2015
• “The quality of teaching is good. Teachers ask searching questions that provide a good level of challenge to all students, including the most able.”
• “Students are currently making good progress in English, Mathematics and Science.”
• “The sixth form is good and students are achieving improved standards across a wide range of subjects.”
• “Behaviour around the school is of a high standard.”
• “Students demonstrate positive attributes to their learning, show respect for each other and have pride in their school.”
We can offer you:
• Pupils eager for success
• Supportive parents who value education
• Supportive colleagues
• Excellent professional development and guidance
• Refurbished buildings with dedicated home-bases for independent learning.
• Major investment in ICT
• Extensive grounds and facilities set in green belt.
For more information and to apply, contact Alison Clements at Hays Education on 0121 236 4476/07713 388 230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 21st May 2018.
Colton Hills Community School is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils. An enhanced DBS will be required before commencement in the post.