Who we are
Marylebone Boys' School is an Academy Free School which opened in September 2014. We have approximately 600 boys in Years 7-11 and opened a mixed Sixth Form in 2019. We will eventually have over 800 pupils studying at our school across two sites.
We are an inner-city boys’ school with a cohort of 45% Pupil Premium students. We are an academically rigorous school with an emphasis on commitment to learning and outstanding teaching, where knowledge is valued and available to all who are prepared to work for it. Expectations are high for all pupils. Those who need extra time and support are helped and expected to achieve their full potential.
Our motto is “studio et industria”, which can be translated as “through application and hard work”.
We are located in a brand-new building in the heart of the prestigious Paddington Basin area. A new Sixth Form block will open a few yards down the road in late November 2021.
We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS.
What we are looking for
We are looking to appoint a Science teacher who can teach at KS3 and KS4.
Although a maternity cover role, this placement could lead to a permanent role in September 2022.
The school is committed to high quality teaching and learning and to providing excellent professional development and training.
Since 2018 we have been in our permanent site, a brand new school located in the heart of the prestigious Paddington Basin area. We are part of a wider development by Westminster City Council, just a stone’s throw from Paddington Station with all the benefits of Crossrail as well as the existing Underground and National Rail connections.
We will open our new Sixth Form Centre in late November 2021, which will allow us to have both our sites in close proximity on North Wharf Road.
Job description and person specification
Please download the job description and person specification via the links below.
- The deadline to apply for this post is 8.00am on Monday 6 December 2021, however, will invite candidates for interview upon receipt of suitable applications, therefore early submissions are encouraged.
- Contact us if you would like more information about the school or the position on email@example.com.
- Complete the application form fully and provide a supporting statement (maximum 2 pages).
- Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly via the TES.
- We will only interview candidates who provide two satisfactory references in advance, of whom one must be your current Headteacher if you are currently working in a school.
- The selection process will include an interview, an observed lesson and a task.
- We will inform all invited candidates of the outcome of their application and offer feedback to those who are unsuccessful.
Our History & Ethos
Marylebone Boys' School is a Free School which opened in September 2014. We now have 600 boys in Years 7-11. We launched our mixed Sixth Form in 2019 and will eventually have over 1000 pupils studying at our school.
We are an ...