You are considering joining us at an exciting time in our history. On the 1st of May 2019, Morecambe Community High School will close and reopen as Morecambe Bay Academy.
As Executive Headteacher, I joined the school on the 1st of January 2018, and our inadequate Ofsted took place in my first week in post. I encourage you to read it carefully. Since that time, we have been on a steep trajectory of improvement. We are receiving support from Carnforth High School, which I also oversee, and Ripley St Thomas Academy through both the TSA and the new Multi-Academy Trust, The Bay Learning Trust. I firmly believe that with two strong local schools supporting us, we will transform life for the staff and students at Morecambe Community High School.
We are seeking to appoint a talented, inspirational teacher with a track record of raising achievement in their own classes. The ideal candidate:
• Will raise achievement and deliver excellent academic outcomes
• Can model excellence in the classroom
• Is flexible and able to deliver Science qualifications from KS3 to KS5
• Has the initiative, energy and enthusiasm to enhance community and external performance opportunities
• Is able to evaluate and improve their impact and effectiveness
• Is driven by moral purpose to serve the community of Morecambe
• Is potentially an NQT, or a more experienced teacher looking for a new challenge
This post will give the successful candidate a real challenge. In a large, varied Faculty, all Science teachers are expected to teach combined Science to KS4 and to specialise at KS5.
All posts are focused on delivering ��outstanding’ outcomes for all students and groups of students and realising the highest rigour and standards in pedagogy, learning, behaviour, aspiration, enjoyment, progress and attainment in Science.
This is a unique opportunity to take part in our school improvement journey and influence the future of our students and make an impact on the community we serve.
We will also offer you:
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Support from staff in our two partner schools
• Opportunities for accelerated pay progression and career development for outstanding candidates.
Morecambe is an area of significant coastal deprivation, with 35% Pupil premium students, a population with a prior attainment just below the national average and a small population of EAL students. These young people need excellent role models and leaders willing to engage with the local culture in which they live.
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 24th April 2019
Applications or questions to: Mrs Catherine Marney, Headteacher's PA
Telephone: 01524 410207