Position: Teacher of Science
Salary: MPS/UPS (salary is dependent on experience, training and/or qualifications)
Contract: Full time, Fixed Term until August 2020
To start: January 2020, or as soon as possible
Qualifications: Applicants must have a relevant teaching qualification and hold QTS or QTLS
This is an exciting role suitable for candidates looking to work within a progressive and rapidly improving Science department. We are expecting a significant increase in GCSE results this year and we have only just begun our improvement journey.
We have 7 fully equipped classrooms and laboratories – each with an interactive smartboard TV. There are two excellent full-time technicians and our teachers have a wide range of experience and backgrounds.
The Science department follows the Triple Science and Trilogy GCSE courses from the AQA Awarding body. We are currently implementing a new Key Stage 3 scheme of work designed to lighten workload and improve student understanding of fundamental science concepts. This is a time of real change and improvement within the department.
Our students range from age 11 to 16 and have a range of backgrounds and abilities and are a true reflection of the local area. Our existing staff, whether support or teaching, work well together as a team with the best interests of all our students at heart. You will work closely with other members of the academy to ensure that all students receive the best possible support to enable them to achieve their full potential
Kings Lynn Academy is a positive place of learning, our Mission is ‘Learning without Limits’. We do not put any ceilings on how high our students can go and have high ambitions for everyone here. We support every student to make great progress and want every student to be the best they can be by setting challenging targets for their future success. We support each student from their own starting point and believe that success is best achieved by doing the little things well, every day through a consistent desire from every student to make continual progress focusing on daily personal bests to help students to go further faster.
By getting to know every student well and providing the assistance each person needs to succeed, we create a strong community where our staff and students truly pull together. Come and join us.
Skills & Experience
- It is essential that you are Degree qualified with passion, drive and enthusiasm within the relevant subject area.
- The successful candidate will have previous classroom experience, knowledge of current issues and developments in education, a good awareness of strategies to improve the learning and achievement of students and a desire to raise standards in teaching and learning to improve achievement.
- You will be committed to supporting learning, able to relate to students in a pleasant and sympathetic manner and have an enthusiastic and engaging approach.
- An enhanced DBS check is required for all of our roles
- Please ensure that you tailor your application to meet the minimum essential criteria of the Person Specification attached to this advert.
How to apply
To request an application pack or to arrange a visit at the school please contact Tracy Harrison at Vision for Education on 0191 267 6555 or email email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday 17th January 2020 at 3pm and these should be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vision for Education are a recruitment business and work in partnership with Eastern Multi Academy Trust to support their permanent recruitment and the application process will be managed by Vision for Education.