Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Science on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021. Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Norfolk’s leading co-educational secondary schools, situated in the coastal village of Caister, just 20 miles from the vibrant city of Norwich. It is well regarded for excellence in performing arts and English, with aspirations to lead nationally in all areas. As part of an renown trust, they work in collaboration with other local Academies, and receive development opportunities and support from the trust at a national level.
It is a growing multi-academy trust educating over 13,000 children in England. It was established in 2010 to work in England’s post-industrial cities and coastal towns: areas of economic disadvantage and with a history of academic underachievement. They transform these schools by integrating a knowledge rich curriculum with skills and creativity.
The successful candidate will join a team of committed professionals, working within the science department. They will be supported by a strong leadership structure including a Head of Department, Second in Department and a Lead Practitioner, alongside colleagues who are keen to collaborate and develop.
The Successful Candidate:
- Qualified to degree level or above
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Experience of teaching across the full age and ability range of an 11-16 school
- Experience in the use of ICT in the classroom with the skill to impart that expertise to others
- Good knowledge of the pedagogy associated with Science
- An understanding of the social, emotional, and intellectual development of teenagers
- Have an understanding of working with different groups e.g. the most able, the disadvantaged and SEND
- Ability to teach to KS3 and KS4
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and show initiative
- Ability to manage workload and keep a work-life balance
The School Offers:
- A thriving, innovative learning community, committed to excellence
- A supportive, welcoming community of professionals
- Extensive development and collaboration opportunities, through the Creative Education network
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR 1437183
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...