We are looking to recruit ambitious, inspirational and open-minded Science teachers to join our dynamic academy. We have opportunities for those looking for second in department responsibilities and lead responsibilities.
As part of the David Ross Education Trust you will have the opportunity to develop your career in an aspirational setting. We are committed to developing a high calibre of teachers who are looking to be part of a challenging and rewarding environment. In this role you will have the opportunity to be on one of many career pathways; Subject Lead, Senior Leadership, Principal.
About our Academy
Havelock has a distinguished history, serving generations of students as a grammar school, a comprehensive and now as an academy.
At Havelock we want all of our students to achieve well academically and we take great pains to ensure that we have an appropriately broad and balanced curriculum and pastoral structures. The links between the pastoral care, academic achievement and outstanding enrichment opportunities are designed to enable every student to reach his or her potential. We use past student performance to establish a culture of success. Our teachers plan their curriculum collaboratively, developing a vibrant learning community in state-of-the-art buildings.
· You will be passionate for teaching with the ability to deliver lessons to a high standard
· Have a creative approach to ensure an inclusive learning experience
· Able to demonstrate a commitment to education and the development of our students
· Ability to create a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
What we are looking for
· QTS or equivalent
· Strong subject knowledge
· Ability to teach science curriculum in KS3 and KS4 and potentially A level
· Strong organisational and communication skills
· An individual who is aligned to our values and shares our vision to provide every student with a world-class education
· Salary- Competitive
· Excellent pension
· Access to development pathways to enhance your career including Masters in Expert Teaching
· Being part of an aspirational Trust who want to shape the future of education
Please submit your application via TES Website.
Havelock Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.