We are looking for a Teacher of Science who can join our committed and professional teams led by experienced, passionate practitioners and supported by teachers who possess a variety of experience, both within and beyond the Trust. The Science departments take a proactive approach, sharing experiences and good practices between colleagues to develop our teaching and learning and own professional development.
Besides working with great students and teachers, the departments within each Academy are great places to work because: each department is supported by a team of experienced technicians who enable practical activities to take place, data snapshots are only taken twice a year for each year group to inform planning and parents, and collaborative planning takes place during CPD time. For A level sciences, Triple Science and where possible elsewhere, teachers teach their specialist subject. Where this does not happen, you will be supported to teach outside your specialism. You are more than welcome to come and experience these departments for yourself, so please get in touch to arrange a tour.
Archway Learning Trust is based in the heart of the city of Nottingham, providing high quality learning experiences for our students from the ages 3 – 18. The Trust comprises of Bluecoat Aspley Academy, The Nottingham Emmanuel School, both of which include a Sixth Form, Bluecoat Wollaton Academy, Bluecoat Beechdale Academy and Bluecoat Primary Academy.
The Trust offers an excellent package for its employees, in addition to the salary package, to include:
- Possible opportunity for a recruitment and retention payment to be offered to the right candidate
- Commitment from the Trust in supporting our staff in becoming outstanding teachers and leaders with many opportunities for CPD and further career development
- State-of-the-art buildings with excellent learning facilities
- Opportunity to work with a highly motivated team, led by exceptionally experienced and talented senior leaders
- The advantage of working with a successful academy group, with a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension scheme
- Access to the Employee Discounts scheme to include discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more
- Cycle to Work Scheme
How to find out more
If you're keen to join our ambitious Trust and want to find out more, please visit www.archwaytrust.co.uk/vacancies
If you have any queries, wish to discuss the role informally or undertake a visit our one of our Academies, please don't hesitate to contact us via email email@example.com or telephone 0115 929 7445 Ext: 3102.
To apply, please complete an application form and send this to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter clearly demonstrating your suitability for the role.
Please note, CVs will only be accepted as additional information; a Trust application form must be completed.
Closing date: 9am on Wednesday, 22nd May 2019.
Interview date: Friday, 24th May 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to the satisfactory completion of an enhanced DBS check, Barred List check, the receipt of satisfactory references and any other statutory checks that are required for the post. We are an equal opportunities employer.