Firth Park Academy is proud to be featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7 at our school and shows the positive characteristics of our wonderful, exciting community. Our school is:
- Rated a ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (June 2015).
- Proud to have exceeded the National and Sheffield average for Progress 8 achievement.
- Winners of more Sheffield Children’s University Awards for extra-curricular learning than any other school in our city.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- An outstanding ‘Teaching school standard’ professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
- A ‘3 in 3 years’ leadership development programme for all interested high-quality staff. This promises staff a TLR responsibility, bursary support toward Masters degree completion if required, and mini-secondment at a partner AET Academy to grow our future leaders
- A staff social and sporting committee who promote regular opportunities for well-being and team building
We are a developing department, our results last year exceeded National average, and our current predictions show a significant increase for the results this summer.
- Our Additional Science results were in the top 15% of schools in the in the country, as were our E.Bac Science results.
- Our students are our priority in science, this is shown through having a rich enrichment programme, wide ranging revision and support programmes including paid Saturday and Holiday revision sessions which we volunteer for.
- The CPD at FPA is excellent, there is a wide range of personalised opportunities to develop your practice and further develop your career. As a team we support and challenge each other through meetings, peer observation, mentoring and team planning.
- FPA is a Regional Triple Science Hub with Sheffield Hallam University which includes half termly meetings for scientists across Sheffield. An excellent opportunity to meet other science teachers and leaders. We have strong links with the careers department in school and regularly run events to raise our student’s aspirations in particular fields, e.g. medicine.
- As a team we pride ourselves on our team spirit, we regularly share good practice and collaboratively plan lessons. We meet as a team to socialise together each half term.
We are looking for a Teacher of Science who really cares about helping our students succeed and who:
- Is passionate about Science and has a creative and flexible approach to teaching both at KS3 and KS4
- Has a sense of team and is willing to contribute positively to an enthusiastic and forward-thinking department
- Will support, challenge and engage a diverse cohort of students, enriching their learning experience, maximising their potential and raising attainment.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- Email our Director of Learning to arrange a learning walk during the school day or a chance to meet.
- Apply for our role and see us on interview day.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
Check out the ‘career opportunity’ section on our website
Visits to our Academy are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Jo Anne Saleh, Director of Learning in Science, on firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is due to commence in September 2018, with interviews to be held week beginning 26 February 2018
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme and childcare vouchers.
Closing date: 21 February 2018
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. For further information on this position and to make an application please click apply on the advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.