An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of a Teacher of Science at The Oxford Academy. A Good school with Outstanding Leadership Management and Professional Development following our Ofsted inspection in 2016 and ranked in the top 0.2% of schools nationally and where behaviour in and around the school is positive.
All levels of experience considered.
The successful candidate will be an innovative, inspiring Science Teacher who will work within an energetic and friendly department and will enjoy working with highly motivated and intellectually curious students at all levels.
The Science department is dedicated and supportive, with a strong team focused on developing teaching and learning. The successful candidate will need to be enthusiastic about challenge and committed to change, a reflective practitioner who is interested in developing their career as part of a dynamic and supportive team.
The department motivates students through an innovative curriculum where every student is encouraged to achieve. Science classrooms are well resourced and offer a stimulating environment and fosters a culture of mutual respect for successful learning.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong subject knowledge and passion for Science;
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to promote high quality teaching & learning;
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching & learning;
• Have the ability to be a team player who is prepared to go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the challenges of these roles;
• Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision and direction of the department as we strive for further success together;
• Have the ability to play a full role in maintaining and enhancing the current high standards in the department, modeling positive learning behavior, having high expectations of the students in all aspects of their learning.
Application packs are available on the Oxford Academy website at: theoxfordacademy.org.uk
If you have, any queries about the application process or would like further information or to arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Ann O’Reilly, HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your completed application forms to email@example.com Closing Date: Midday Tuesday 21 May 2019, however applications will be considered on receipt.
We regret that if you do not receive any correspondence by Friday 24 May 2019 please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
The Oxford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant for any position will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS (disclosure and barring system) and appropriate Right to Work clearances.