TEACHER OF SCIENCE (PHYSICS)
Start Date: SEPTEMBER 2019
Closing Date: Please contact the school if interested in this post by 4.00 PM,MONDAY 20 MAY 2019
Interviews: TO BE CONFIRMED
Salary: Teachers’ Pay Scales
Contact Details: School Office on 01935 813122, website on www.gryphon.dorset.sch.uk or e-mail Gryphon.HR@gryphon.dorset.sch.uk
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, creative and inspiring teacher or NQT with energy, enthusiasm and a love of Science. An ability to teach physics to A level is desirable. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a large, successful and supportive team. Science is a very popular subject with large numbers at A level in all 3 sciences. The Department offers Combined Science as well as separate biology, chemistry and physics GCSE at KS4.
The successful candidate will:
• have a passion for science and physics
• have a passion for working with students
• be able to plan and deliver high quality teaching
• have excellent communication have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision of the Department and school
• be able to build relationships quickly
• show respect to others and be able to embrace the ethos and values of the School
• be positive, optimistic, caring, kind and approachable
• be willing to be immersed in the life of a busy and successful school
• have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
The Gryphon is a wonderful place to work and has a special atmosphere and feel. It became an academy in August 2012 to sustain the quality of our outstanding provision. The school is now part of a multi academy trust with its feeder primary schools. You will find Sherborne to be a centre for educational excellence as a beautiful rural country town that has easy road and rail links to London, Bath, Bristol, Exeter and the glorious Dorset coast. We are an outward looking school with excellent community links as well as strong relationships with other good and outstanding schools across the South West and England.
We are a very proud school which attracts students from around North and West Dorset as well as South Somerset. We also pride ourselves on our support and care for everyone and each other and offer well-developed and high-quality professional development opportunities, health and well-being packages and a superb working environment.
Our special culture and ethos focuses on high achievement both personally and academically which comes from the tremendous work of all our staff and the great achievements of our students.