We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of Science with a passion for accelerating progress within our Science department.
Candidates must be able to teach across the ability and age range, supporting the development of Science to the highest standards for all pupils at Key Stages 3 and 4.
Career development recruitment incentives:
- Substantial TLRs are available for suitable candidates
- Access and support to follow middle leadership programmes from the outset e.g. NPQML, Teaching Leaders
- Candidates should be looking at this post as a 3 year career pathway rather than just a Teacher of Science post
- We advise you to come in and speak with the Principal to discuss the above and shape the next 3 years of your career, thus this post is suitable for both NQTs and experienced teachers.
This summer, for the third year running, we celebrated our best ever GCSE results. We, yet again, had significant increases in the number of students achieving a grade 4 (old C grade pass) in both English and Maths. Our progress scores were excellent and again significantly improved. Our Progress 8 score of +0.42 puts us in the top two schools in the city and shows that on average all our students made almost half a grade more than expected nationally across every one of their 8 subjects from their starting points. At Kingswood Academy all students make good progress in every subject, regardless of their starting point.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about Science
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the academy;
- Have a relentless obsession about developing their own standards of teaching and learning to enable them to deliver excellent student outcomes;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
- Be committed to Kingswood Academy's ethos of high expectations and no excuses;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development
We welcome visits to the Academy, to see the school in action and discuss the post. To book an appointment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This position is required for January 2018. Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: 9am Friday 20 October 2017.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding policies we are unable to accept CV’s. For further information on this position and to make an application please click apply on the TES advert
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhance checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.