TEACHER OF SCIENCE (Full time)
Required for September 20 - Main Pay Scale
“This is a Good School” – Ofsted Nov 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspirational, enthusiastic and talented teacher to join the Science Department from September 2020. Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers due to qualify summer 2020 are encouraged and an excellent NQT package would be available if appropriate.
The successful candidate will share our vision and values of achieving excellence and raising further the standards of teaching and learning in a dedicated and forward looking team of 9 teachers and 4 technicians. The Science department delivers Key Stage 3 Science over two years and Key Stage 4 over three years.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a strong ethos of high achievement and success within the Learning Area.
• Has the ability to create, plan and deliver a Science curriculum that will develop pupil’s skills, knowledge, understanding and their love for learning in the 21st century.
• Is skilled at fostering independent and collaborative student-led learning.
We will ensure that the successful candidate has:
• Comprehensive induction including a dedicated mentor
• Continuous professional learning, development and improvement including additional CPD non-contact periods on your timetable
• Eligibility to apply for the teachers’ student loan reimbursement (teachers in years 1 to 5)
• Access to a comprehensive staff wellbeing and discount scheme
• Possibility of additional teaching and learning responsibility for the right candidate
This post will provide you with the training, time and capacity to develop the department through effective CPD delivery, coaching and mentoring. Each member of staff has 2 additional non-contact periods per week for CPD and collaborative development.
With a recent programme of significant investment and refurbishment of Science Laboratories, this is an exciting time to join our team.
Applicants are welcome to visit the school for a tour and to discuss the department/post with either the Headteacher or Curriculum Leader.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in this vibrant, positive “can do” environment and feel that you have the enthusiasm and drive to make a real difference, then please apply for this truly rewarding opportunity, where together we can create the next generation of confident, independent, work-ready individuals.
Further details and an application form can be obtained from the school or visit the school website.
Priory School is a mixed 11-16 School with around 1200 students on roll situated in the heart of Southsea. Our pupils come from a very wide range of backgrounds and our community is truly comprehensive, harmonious and dynamic. Priory School is proud to be part of the Bohunt Education Trust..
Priory School Safeguarding Statement:
Priory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.