Teacher of Science/Progress Lead
Required for January 2019
MPR/UPR plus TLR 2a
To support our increasing student numbers, we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Science to teach across the school to GCSE level. We are looking for candidates with a passion for their chosen subject and the ability to deliver an innovative curriculum at key stages 3 and 4.
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate the following characteristics:
· evidence of good quality teaching and subject knowledge;
· a commitment to high standards and outcomes;
· an understanding of how to use assessment to inform planning for excellent teaching and learning;
· the ability to differentiate materials to meet the needs of the learners;
· evidence of good classroom management skills;
· the ability to work with the needs of the students and parents in our culturally diverse community;
· a willingness to contribute to enrichment activities;
· the ability to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone, and as part of a team;
· a confident and competent approach to the use of ICT to engage students in their learning.
Applicants should send a fully completed school application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job description and application form are available on the School’s website – www.stretfordhigh.com
Informal enquiries about the post can be made to Sue Simons, HR Manager: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is: 12 noon on Monday 24 September 2018
Interviews will be held on: Friday 28 September 2018
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students, therefore references will be sought for shortlisted candidates and the appointment will be made subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.