Teacher of Science
NQT / MPR / UPR
Potential TLR for the right candidate
- Have a desire to teach Science to A Level (experienced or otherwise)?
- Have a passion for teaching and wish to inspire young scientists to love learning?
- Want to join a forward thinking, highly supportive and progressive Science Department?
- Wish to be part of a Learning Trust that recognises talent and invests in potential through excellent professional development and progression opportunities irrespective of career stage?
If so, Maltby Academy (range 11-18) is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
The Academy sits within a unique and expanding Multi Academy Trust and is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn.
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, ambitious and talented teacher to contribute to the Science Department’s improvement journey. A passion for Science and a strong commitment to developing young Scientists who achieve their potential is essential. The post could result in a TLR being offered for the right candidate. We would also welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers who meet the ‘Essential’ criteria set out in the Person Specification. Applications for part-time working will also be considered.
Our successful candidate will be:
- An exceptional classroom practitioner with high expectations
- Able to inspire and enthuse students
- Committed to raising standards for all
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
In return we will offer:
- New, purpose-built learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development.
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff Prospective candidates are invited to visit the Academy and meet the team.
Please contact Rachael Barratt, PA to the Principal on 01709 812864 to make an appointment.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
For further information please contact Rachael Barratt, PA to the Principal on firstname.lastname@example.org
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or can be obtained by calling the Academy.
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be sent to Richard Wood, Principal at email@example.com or to the Academy address below:
Braithwell Road | Maltby | Rotherham | S66 8AB
01709 812 864
Closing Date: Friday 26th February 2021 at 9.00am
Interviews: W/c 8th March 2021
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years