Teacher of Science
Buile Hill Visual Arts College is an 11 - 16, co-educational, fully comprehensive community school, serving the inner city community of Salford. It is a rapidly improving school, which has a growing reputation in the area. All of our year groups are expanding quickly and we are currently oversubscribed in year 7 and expect this to work through to all year groups. In September 2008, we moved into a new building. We were last inspected in October 2012 and we were delighted with the ‘Good’ judgement which was well deserved recognition for the progress we had made as a school. We are looking to appoint a dynamic and highly motivated Teacher of Science. Our Science results have improved significantly over recent years and we now need to consolidate the improvements made ready for the revised accountability measures and to ensure achievement in Science is strong.
We are looking for:
- An excellent teacher of Science .
- An inclusive individual, with high expectations of their students, who is committed to maximising rates of progress.
- Someone with a sense of humour, who understands the importance of developing a positive culture in our organisation and is totally committed to the concept of distributed leadership.
We will guarantee:
- You will be supported but challenged.
- Provided with the very best CPD on offer from the abundance of talented staff working within the school as well as external experts seconded to work with us to maintain objectivity in school.
- A stimulating and friendly working environment where every member of staff is valued and makes a significant contribution to the Buile Hill Family.
- Working with honest, aspirational students, who are full of character and have a lot of potential.
- Support from creative and innovative colleagues that will ensure your professional practice continues to develop in-line with national standards.
If you feel you share our values, have the vision and drive for excellence and want to be part of an enthusiastic, dedicated and well-resourced team, committed to ensuring that students fulfil their potential, then we would like to hear from you.