We are seeking to employ a well-qualified, energetic and enthusiastic teacher of Science with a passion for their subject to commence in September 2021. You will be able to offer Science in the Senior School (Key Stage 3 and 4).
The successful candidate will have excellent subject knowledge and be able to motivate pupils through inspirational teaching. You will share our vision of achieving excellence and raising further standards of teaching and learning across the department. You will be a team player with a clear understanding of current and future curriculum developments.
Pupils are respectful and responsive and are proud to uphold the strong values of the school. Colleagues and the leadership team are highly supportive. The curriculum area is a very strong and generates outstanding results.
This post is suitable for an experienced teacher looking for an exciting, fresh opportunity or a newly qualified teacher looking seeking to widen their experience for their first teaching role. You will be fully supported by an enthusiastic and passionate Head of Department.
Further leadership opportunities are available for suitable candidates.
• Be able to teach Science at KS3 - KS4:
• Be highly motivated and an excellent classroom practitioner who can ensure good progress for all
• Have a creative, forward thinking attitude and inspire pupils to succeed in Science
• Be unapologetically passionate about your subject:
• Be committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
• Be hard-working with excellent organisational skills:
• Be an individual with a 'can do' approach willing to make a significant contribution to the life of the school
• Supportive colleagues and community
• Enthusiastic and motivated pupils that are taught in small class sizes
• Excellent professional development opportunities within the school and wider Cognita group
• Competitive salary and contribution to the Teacher Pension Scheme
• Fee remission for children educated at Long Close School
• Complimentary meals in the Dining Hall during term time
This is an exciting opportunity to join a flourishing 2-16 co-educational, independent day school, part of the Cognita group of schools. If you are passionate about the life chances of young people and possess the expertise required to teach in an environment where children of mixed abilities excel, then we would love to hear from you.
Consistent with our traditional values, classes are small, behavioural standards are exceptional, and pastoral care is second to none. We are very focused on high quality teaching and learning and expect all of our pupils to make exceptional progress.
We are passion about supporting personal and professional development. As a Cognita School, there are longer term career opportunities that exist in a company where our colleagues share ideas and practices from around the world. Cognita is an international family of over 70 schools in the UK, Europe, Latin America and Asia.
Please return your completed application form along with your CV and covering letter to:
Mrs C Andrews - Long Close School Upton Court Road Slough SL3 7LU
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
www.cognitaschools.co.uk - NO AGENCIES
Previous applicants need not apply
Long Close School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 16 years
Long Close School is a co-educational, independent school for children aged 2-16, situated in Slough, Berkshire.
The school was founded in 1940 and after a series of developments over the decades was bought by Cognita, the largest independent schools...