TEACHER OF SCIENCE
0.8 FTE Permanent
Main Pay Scale (£22,917 - £38,663 FTE, depending on experience)
Upper Wharfedale School honours any existing Main Scale/UPS payments
Applications welcome from NQTs or more experienced colleagues.
Required for September 2018, an outstanding candidate with relevant experience or training to join our popular, oversubscribed school in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales.
The successful candidate will have:
· Responsibility for teaching Science to the full age and ability range throughout the school
· The ability to promote the effective teaching of Literacy and Numeracy across the school
· The proven ability to teach outstanding lessons in Science and therefore enable outstanding outcomes for students
· An enthusiasm for wider school developments, including Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural Education
· High expectations of themselves, other staff and students
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills
· High ambitions for their own professional and career development
Further information about the school can be found on the school website: www.uws.n-yorks.sch.uk
An application form, job description and person specification can be downloaded from this site.
Completed application forms and supporting letters should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of Mrs L Wade.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 9th March 2018
Interviews: Monday 19th March 2018
Upper Wharfedale School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, including protecting children from radicalisation. All appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.