We are seeking to appoint a Science Teacher who is committed, passionate and can demonstrate a commitment to raising standards of achievement across all key stages. An ability to teach KS3/KS4 is required together with experience of teaching a broad range of abilities. The ability to teach KS5 is an advantage.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an outstanding practitioner
• Has high expectations of themselves and their students
• Is successful in raising standards of attainment and accelerating progress
• Is an enthusiastic and capable candidate
• is able to inspire, engage and enthuse students, staff and parents
• Has a commitment to working collaboratively as part of a team The successful candidate will have high expectations and the ability to galvanise the interest and efforts of colleagues and students. Applications are welcomed from individuals, regardless of Science Specialist area, who can demonstrate good interpersonal skills, the willingness to work in a team and who are supportive of the school’s ethos. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check in line with the Government’s safer recruitment guidelines. Sturminster Newton High school values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. For further information please go to the school’s website www.mysnhs.net or contact Joanne Bruton, at the school. NB: Please note that we cannot accept CV applications for the post.