This is an excellent opportunity for a Teacher of Science to work at a high achieving, fully comprehensive school in Dorking in Surrey.
- The Science department is one of the largest in the school, with 11 fully equipped laboratories
- A very successful and dynamic department which achieves strong results and progression at both GCSE and A level
- At GCSE all pupils have always been entered for Core and Additional Science (now Combined: Trilogy Science) with a typically high achievement of 75% of the whole cohort gain a 7 or above
- The school’s approach to GCSE leads to a large uptake in the 6th form. There are 2 classes for Biology, Chemistry and Physics in both the Upper and Lower 6th
- In the past few years the school has developed its extracurricular STEM participation, encouraging students to partake in a variety of projects. There is a regular Science club, visits to regional and national exhibits and strong participation in STEM career events
NQT salary backdated to 1st August
Excellent NQT programme, commended in Investors in People Report, "a great place to work".
Regular professional development opportunities are offered.
Day nursery on site with preferential rates for staff.
The school has been highly sought-after for many years, with very high levels of interest again for September 2020. This is due to a wide range of factors including its facilities, academic results, standards of teaching, pastoral care, the wide range of trips and extra-curricular activities and the resultant attitudes of its pupils.
In its January 2019 visit, Ofsted commented that “Pupils’ attitudes towards learning are very positive. Pupils are attentive and responsive in equal measure in lessons. As a result, there is a very harmonious learning atmosphere".
Closing date is 5pm on Monday 27th January 2020
The Ashcombe School,
Ashcombe Road, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1LY
Tel: 01306 886312