Teacher of Science
MPS/UPS Inner London Scale
Required September 2018
Closing Date – Friday 23rd March 2018 at 12 noon
Are you an exceptional teacher keen to make a significant contribution to the further development of our Science department? Do you want to join a school in an exciting period of transformation and growth?
The Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated teacher of Science who will join a dynamic, growing and committed Science department to teach Science across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified classroom teacher with proven classroom skills, who will embrace our drive to ensure that Science provision is exciting and engaging across the curriculum.
It is an exciting time to join Bow School as we experience rapid change and growth in our iconic state of the art buildings. The diversity of the school community ensures that Bow is a vibrant and interesting place to work.
The successful candidate will demonstrate consistently high standards of teaching and excellent classroom management skills.
• A well established and comprehensive mentor programme
• A strong personalised programme of high quality professional development and coaching for teachers and support staff
• Strong links with other local schools for partnership working and support
• A strong community spirit
• Staff who are very supportive towards each other with a great camaraderie existing throughout the school.
Bow School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and the successful applicant will be subject to relevant vetting checks before an offer of appointment is confirmed and will be subject to rechecking thereafter, as appropriate.