Are you a dedicated, enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher of Science? If so, we would like to meet you.
London Enterprise Academy is a Free School at the heart of London’s vibrant East End. The Academy opened in September 2014 with year 7’s only, in a former glass office block, which has been fully renovated to a high standard. The Academy will grow to six hundred students aged 11-16 when fully operational and will provide a stimulating education and personalised curriculum within a supportive environment. All of our students will be encouraged to stretch themselves to achieve their potential.
Our Science department consists of highly experienced teachers who have been judged outstanding by Ofsted, including a former Advanced Skills Teacher. We have vast experience working with both NQTs and experienced teachers, and are able to provide effective support to help any successful candidate to help further develop their teaching. The department has five brand new Science labs, a highly experienced technician, and a wide and exciting array of new scientific resources.
Required from January 2018 or earlier, the successful candidate will be a creative individual, excited by the challenge of working in Science. He or she will be a problem solver, looking for opportunities to craft engaging explorations and discoveries from any aspect of school life.
We are looking for an outstanding teacher who has had experience of teaching Science within the secondary setting. This post would equally suit either an experienced practitioner wanting a new challenge or an NQT wishing to work with a group of dynamic teachers as they develop their teaching skills.
The successful candidate for the Teacher of Science will:
- Hold DfE Qualified Teacher Status, an undergraduate degree and preferably a postgraduate degree
- Be an outstanding practitioner who inspires pupils and have experience of teaching in successful inner city school
- Have a track record of successful learning and teaching and delivering results
- Have the ability to draw upon their professional background to demonstrate their ability to successfully teach up to GCSE
- Be creative in delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum
- Believe that every child can and will succeed
- Be flexible, collaborative and resilient
- Contribute to the whole life of the school through our extensive enrichment programme.
- Have the highest ambitions for your pupils, the department, the school and yourself
We will offer you:
- A unique opportunity to help build the school and the department
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- An opportunity to pioneer an exciting, academic curriculum
- A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from Leadership and management opportunities as the school grows
Potential candidates are encouraged to call Beverley Drake on 02074260746 or email email@example.com. Visits to the school can be arrange by contacting Beverley Drake (PA to Principal).
More details can be found at www.londonenterpriseacademy.org
Closing date for applications: 13th October 2017
London Enterprise Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment will be subject to a successful enhanced DBS clearance.
London Enterprise Academy
Aneurin Bevan House
81-91 Commercial Road London E1 1RD
020 7426 0746