We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and talented classroom practitioner with the ability to teach Science across the age and ability range. A Physicist would be desirable, but not essential. The successful candidate will have an affinity with young people and be outward thinking in their approach to teaching and learning with the enthusiasm to further develop this popular subject. The inspirational learning and teaching shown by the successful candidate should encourage students to study at Post 16 and beyond.
Our most recent Ofsted report (2018) described us as a “Good college” where “Pupils were found to have positive attitudes to their learning in their lessons, showing respect towards teachers and their peers.”
This post is suitable for new entrants to the profession as well as experienced teachers and offers an excellent opportunity in our well-subscribed College. Our NQT programme is highly regarded.
The successful candidate will be:
• A dynamic and energetic practitioner with high expectations.
• Passionate about their subject, able to engage and inspire our students.
• A team player who will uphold our College values of Motivation, Commitment and Care.
• A well-resourced, forward thinking and supportive Science team.
• Excellent care and support for all staff.
• Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of our Person Specification and be subject to an enhanced DBS check. A prohibition from teaching check will also be completed for all applicants. Minsthorpe Community College is committed to equality of opportunity and upholding the principles of the Equality Act 2010. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Only applications submitted with a completed Minsthorpe Academy Trust Application Form will be considered.
Full-time permanent employees are provided with free membership of our state of the art on-site Sports & Fitness Centre, as well as the facility of an ‘outstanding’ Children’s Centre.
Further particulars for this post can be obtained by visiting our Web Site at www.minsthorpe.cc
Please send completed application forms to Cath Green, Director of HR & Associate Teams: -
firstname.lastname@example.org by midday – Wednesday 24th February 2021
Minsthorpe Community College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years