Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Science on a full-time fixed term basis from January 2021. The role could be made permanent for the right candidate. Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-performing, friendly and oversubscribed 11-18 school located in Warwickshire, close to the border of Coventry, with 1017 pupils on roll. As a comprehensive school, they value all members of their community as individual people with differing needs and abilities. The school work to provide a stimulating and caring environment, in which everybody can do their best. The school are part of a multi-academy trust educating over 13,000 children in England. It was established in 2010 to work in England’s post-industrial cities and coastal towns: areas of economic disadvantage and with a history of academic underachievement.
It is a Good School with Outstanding leadership (Ofsted March 2017). The Department for Education placed it in the top 16% of schools in England. Their Progress 8 score of +0.38 also place them in the top 5 highest performing schools in Coventry and Warwickshire.
'We are a forward looking, outward facing school and we are not afraid to innovate in order to achieve our main aim - for all our students to be the best they can be. We are establishing a strong foundation for delivering excellence and welcome applications from individuals willing to roll their sleeves up and join in. Expectations are set very high but the rewards are great.'
This position of Teacher of Science is a key appointment and the successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team with a wide ranging array of responsibilities.
- Teaching students within allocated classes, enhancing their learning and providing the opportunity for achievement for all students
- Monitoring the academic progress of students within allocated classes and implementing appropriate strategies to address underachievement
- Assessing, recording and reporting on student progress
- Maintaining high standards of behaviour in lessons, tutor time and around the academy
- Addressing issues concerned with the behaviour, attendance, wellbeing, personal development and academic progress of students within the tutor group
- Undertaking critical self-evaluation and then participating in continuous professional development designed to enhance the quality of teaching and learning or other working practices
- Contributing to discussion on the development of subject and year group practice and to discussion as part of the academy’s consultation process
- Caring for academy resources and teaching areas and adhering to Health and Safety and Safeguarding Regulations
The Successful Candidate:
- Qualified to degree level or above
- Qualified teacher
- Experience of raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
- Experience of reflecting on and improving teaching practice to increase student achievement
- Evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning of their subject though schemes of work and extracurricular activities
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of curriculum area
- Understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high aspirations and standards of results and behaviour
- Excellent classroom teacher with the ability to reflect on lessons and continually improve their own practice
- Effective and systematic behaviour management, with clear boundaries, sanctions, praise and rewards
The School Offer:
- A committed and supportive Science team
- Excellent leadership development opportunities
- Students with good attitudes to learning and a desire to learn
- A personalised approach to CPD
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR 1379131
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...