Teacher of Science with responsibility for Key Stage 4 Science
MPS / UPS with TLR 2(ii) £4790
Required for September 2021
1205 pupils, Ofsted January 2019 indicated that we were a good school, Investor in People status, Science College, 86% of pupils achieving 5+ A* - C, Vibrant Sixth Form.
St Michael's Catholic School in High Wycombe is a unique and distinctive Catholic all-through school in Buckinghamshire educating young people between the ages of 3 and 19.
We are looking to appoint, from September 2021 an inspirational, output-orientated and resourceful Teacher of Science to lead the further development of Science at Key Stage 4. You will be a highly qualified teacher who will enhance further the innovative approaches of the department. You will have a proven record of contribution to improvement and the raising of student performance. This post is suitable for teachers with leadership experience or teachers looking to take on their first leadership role within a Science department.
The school prides itself on:
• Strong KS3 and KS4 results
• Growing post 16 provision
• Collaborative and supportive teams
• Extensive success with induction of new staff to the school
The successful candidate will be:
• A well-qualified teacher with a vision for the future
• A highly motivated team player
• An excellent classroom practitioner
• Passionate about their subject
• Keen to teach across full age and ability range
• Determined to develop professionally
• Committed to the care and inclusion of all pupils
• Able to inspire pupils
• Confident working in partnership with others
• An excellent communicator
• Supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school
At St Michael's you will be fortunate enough to be part of a small and friendly learning family with modern classrooms and caring professional staff. We are determined that St Michael's will be second to none in the quality of its curriculum opportunities, teaching, learning, staff and resources. We are committed to providing the highest standards of education from Nursery through to Sixth Form.
St Michael's Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
For more information and to apply, please contact Hazel Baxter on firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an application form.
Closing: 24th May 2021 at 12pm
St Michael's Catholic School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 19 years