DAVISON C.E. HIGH SCHOOL FOR GIRLS
TEACHER OF SCIENCE (full-time) (TMS/UPS) (TLR available for the right candidate) required for September 2018 to teach girls of all abilities across the 11 – 16 age range
Davison C.E. High School for Girls is a large and successful secondary school, with a caring and supportive ethos, underpinned by strong Christian values. Our recent Section 48 SIAMS inspection judged us to be an “Outstanding” Church School.
The Science Department has celebrated high achievement over a number of years and 2017’s Year 11 Double Scientists achieved 68% A*-C in Core Science and 67% in Additional Science. Triple Scientists achieved 98% A*-C in Physics, 98% in Chemistry and 98% in Biology.
Our aim is to ensure every girl reaches her full potential.
We require a Scientist who:
• is able to make science lessons relevant and fun
• has the personality to enthuse and engage
• has excellent ICT skills
• is able to teach all three Sciences at KS3, and Biology and one other Science at KS4
• is committed to enrichment/extra-curricular activities
• a supportive induction year for newly qualified teachers
• a school where teachers want to teach and pupils want to learn
• a successful and well resourced Science Department
• opportunities to work in the community
• a very supportive staff – full of fun, enthusiasm and good humour
For further details and a teaching application form, please see our website: www.davisonhigh.school
For further information or a discussion please contact Mr Chris Keating, Headteacher on 01903 233835 The post is subject to DBS clearance and Davison actively promotes the welfare and safety of children.
We have an on-site day nursery which provides term time child care at competitive rates.
Please apply using our teaching application form sent to Mr C Keating, Headteacher, Davison CE High School, Selborne Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 2JX e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org The post is open to applications until Wednesday 20th June. Interviews will be held week commencing 25th June 2018. The school reserves the right to appoint at any time during the recruitment process.