We are looking to appoint, commencing either September 2018 or January 2019, a well-qualified and inspirational teacher of Science to join our successful Science Department. The post will involve teaching up to and including A Level and will suit either an NQT or an experienced teacher.
The successful applicant must:
· be passionate and committed to improving teaching and learning.
· have excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
· be receptive to change and have the ability to work under pressure.
· be able to work well as part of a welcoming, hard-working and committed team.
· maximise the potential of students of all abilities.
· have a passion for Science and the ability to share this with young people.
· be able to teach across all age groups.
· be able to teach to A level and all abilities.
A specialism in Physics would be desirable.
You will find us to the north of the historic city of York and we have an excellent learning environment and superb facilities.
The Joseph Rowntree School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from our website www.josephrowntree.co.uk. Please download the Applicant’s Guidance document – ‘How to Apply’.
Completed application forms should be addressed to Mrs Tracy Bussey, Headteacher’s PA at the school (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th June 2018, at 12 midnight