Teacher of Sociology and Business Studies
Start Date: 1st September 2021
Closing Date: Sunday 18th April - Midnight
From September 2021, we are looking for a highly motivated and passionate teacher of Sociology and Business Studies, to join our thriving Social Science department. The successful candidate would need to deliver A-Level Business Studies and be able to offer Sociology to GCSE and/or A-level standard.
The above subjects are popular and integral parts of the KS4 and KS5 curriculum, so would require an enthusiastic and committed practitioner who is able to deliver high quality teaching as well as having a proven record in achieving outstanding student progress. The ideal candidate will have superb subject knowledge and a competency of the Business Studies specification and assessment criteria.
Why choose us?
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is part of the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust, based in Swindon. It is oversubscribed and incredibly proud 11-18 school with 1,781 students on roll including 365 students in our popular and successful Sixth Form.
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is committed to developing 'A growth mind-set' and we would welcome an application from fellow professionals who share that mind-set.
What we offer?
• The chance to work in an outstanding school, in December 2010 the school was awarded "Outstanding" in every area.
• A great placed accessible school, situated in a pleasant location
• To work with a dedicated team of professionals who are keen to learn and develop.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
• Onsite parking
• Pension Scheme
• Fantastic benefit scheme with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holiday and cinema, online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh.
• To support, encourage and challenge all students and reinforce the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy learner profile.
• To maintain high professional standards of lesson preparation and delivery.
• To assist the Leadership Team/Heads of Faculty/Heads of Department/Heads of Year/Lead Practitioners/Tutors and Student managers in promoting the continuity and quality of the learning experience for every individual student across all key stages.
• To be an effective teacher and tutor who leads by example and establishes high levels of expectation.
• To ensure that all lessons are differentiated sufficiently to challenge all levels of intellectual ability.
• Fully implement all Academy policies and procedures
The right candidate will
• Have a degree and Qualified Teacher status
• Be innovative and enthusiastic
• Raise achievement through high quality teaching and learning in Sociology and Business Studies
• Be an enthusiastic professional committed to providing our students with an outstanding education.
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years