Teacher of Sociology and Criminology
Reference Number: SCC1718105
Salary: £23,396—£38,748 per annum
Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Midnight on Monday 21st May 2018
Interview Date: Thursday 24th May 2018
Location: Pendleton Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 1.0fte
We require a highly motivated, enthusiastic and suitably qualified teacher to join our successful Social Sciences team to teach A Level Sociology and Criminology. The successful applicant will be an inspirational teacher who promotes the highest aspirations for all learners.
We are seeking someone with excellent subject knowledge, who can demonstrate an ability to combine a strong classroom presence with outstanding learner achievement. The ability to teach in a creative manner that fully engages all learners is critical.
The successful candidate will be a team player, an excellent class teacher and committed to providing pastoral support for all students.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reasons to Join Us
· Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.