“No child left behind” is the core ethos of our school. With all the benefits that being a growing school can bring but with all the advantages of being within a larger trust, Corby Technical School invites you to join our team that is dedicated to providing the very best outcomes for all our students.
You will be given all the freedom you need to be creative and you will be working with students who have chosen to be at a successful school. We can offer you the next step in your career and give the opportunity to be both developed and challenged, whether you are an NQT or a more experienced practitioner.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a supportive and enthusiastic Humanities department. Sociology will be the lead subject taught to KS4 and all members of the Humanities team are required to teach all aspects of RE, Citizenship and PSHE at KS3 and KS4. You will also lead on KS5 Psychology and will be expected to lead on one strand. We are looking for a teacher who shares our drive and passion to inspire our students with their love of their subject and the motivation to ensure every student achieves.
Rated as outstanding (Ofsted - 2014), our school is growing rapidly and we have opened our exciting new Sixth Form provision this September – it’s the most exciting time to join us and be part of developing the future of our institution. We are looking for a January 2018 (or earlier) appointment. Recruitment and retention allowances are available to the right candidate.
Additional benefits to working at Corby Technical School:
· A fixed 8 week term structure allows for five standardised terms meaning that learning can be structured and delivered with consistency. Holidays also fall outside ‘normal’ term structures allowing for inexpensive travel opportunities.
· As part of the Brooke Weston Trust opportunities for staff development and career progression go beyond the school walls; fostering talent is a key aspect of our culture.
· All staff receive free meals (breakfast and lunch) and are able to participate in a Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme. A reduced price membership to the local gym is also available.
If you think this role is for you then we would like to extend an invitation for you to look round our unique school where we would like to have the opportunity to tell you more. To arrange a visit please contact Sarah Glass, PA to the Principal on 01536 213100, email@example.com.
How to apply
If having read the advertisement, job description and person specification, you are motivated to apply for this position at Corby Technical School these are your next steps:
· Please complete all sections of the application form. Please note that a CV will not be accepted without a completed application form.
· Write a letter of application on no more than two sides of A4 (11 point text). Your letter of application should outline your previous experience and how this makes you a suitable candidate for the position for which you are applying.
Please submit your application form either by e-mail or by post to:
Miss Sarah Glass
Corby Technical School
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd September 2017 - Interviews will be held w/c Monday 25th September 2017