We are seeking a suitably qualified graduate with a proven track record of excellent teaching up to Advanced Higher level to join our thriving modern foreign languages department. The department is well resourced and has long offered stimulating trips and extra-curricular experiences to which the successful candidate will contribute.
St Margaret’s School operates its own salary scale which is above the national pay scale. Subject to satisfying eligibility criteria, the successful applicant will be automatically enrolled into the Scottish Teachers’ Superannuation Scheme, but will have the right to opt out. Daughters of staff who attend the school will be eligible for a 40% remission on school fees. St Margaret’s has an Employee Assistance Programme which offers free and confidential advice on both work and personal issues.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to teach a lesson, which will be observed.
1. To prepare and maintain schemes of work.
2. To prepare pupils for internal and external assessment.
3. To mark and moderate pupils' work.
4. To provide a stimulating learning environment for pupils.
5. To write reports.
6. To maintain pupils' records.
7. To liaise with form teachers, guidance staff and support for learning staff regarding the work of individual pupils.
8. To provide consultation for pupils and their parents.
9. To participate in the school’s professional learning programme.
10. To develop and implement teaching and learning strategies in line with school policy.
11. To cover for colleagues as required.
12. To attend parents’ evenings.
13. To take part in school open days and other events.
14. To contribute to the positive, inclusive ethos and rich extra-curricular life of St Margaret’s School.