Kenton School is at the cutting edge of modern education. With approximately 1,900 students, we are one of the largest schools in the North East. However, despite our size we pride ourselves on retaining a family atmosphere and in ensuring that we cater for the needs of all our students, recognising their special gifts or talents.
A vacancy has arisen for a talented and inspiring languages specialist to join our team teaching Spanish with some French at KS3 and 4. The ability to teach Spanish to KS5 would be an advantage but is not essential.
If you are the person we are looking for, you will:
- possess a proven track record of effective training or teaching practice;
- have a broad subject knowledge and the ability to apply a range of teaching and learning strategies;
- possess excellent analytical skills with the ability to use data and assessment for learning effectively;
- have the ability to manage challenging behaviours effectively and consistently;
- be committed to our school ethos of ‘all different, all equal,’ instilling high expectations in all our students to enable them to achieve their potential regardless of the barriers they face.
In return, we offer the opportunity to work in our fantastically resourced department in our purpose-built PFI school building working within a supportive school, committed to the development of all its’ students and staff.
For an application form and further details, please visit www.kenton.newcastle.sch.uk/vacancies.php or contact HR on 0191 214 2200, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon on 8th December 2016.
Kenton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families, children and staff at school.