Why apply to be the new Teacher of Spanish?
Riverside School opened in September 2012 with one Year 7 cohort of 120 students. In September 2017 we moved into our new state-of the-art £45m building on the bank of the Thames with 1000 students from Year 7 to 13; we will grow to 2000 over the next 5 years. This is a great career opportunity to be part of a new and expanding school. It is a very special place to work.
2018 results were exceptional school wide with a provisional p8 score of 0.92. Some of the strongest results were achieved in Spanish with 69% of students achieving a grade 9-5 (75% of cohort entered), 42% of these students achieved a grade 9-7.
These results are only possible due to our relentless focus is on teaching and learning while developing great teachers is our number one priority. Weekly one-to-one tailored coaching sessions, termly lesson study and generous time to plan means teachers are motivated and highly talented. There is a real sense of passion and determination that students and staff bring to all that they do, making Riverside School a superb place both to learn and to work.
The Spanish department offers a full and broad range of learning opportunities both in and out of the classroom;
We are looking to appoint an innovative and enthusiastic teacher of Spanish with exceptional subject knowledge to join our highly successful and collaborative department.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion for Spanish which is evident in their day to day teaching.
- Be well versed in the current changes in the Spanish GCSE specification and the implications of these on classroom teaching.
- Show evidence of being, or having the clear potential to be, an outstanding teacher of Spanish.
- Contribute and show commitment to our innovative and forward thinking department.
- Contribute to intervention programmes and other after-school activities.
- Play a full and active role in the life of the school.
- Be a reflective practitioner with focusses on continuous learning and development of practice.
- Want to make a real difference to the lives of all young people
In return, we can offer you:
- A cohesive team of people who believe in working collaboratively; sharing ideas and supporting each other.
- The opportunity to further develop innovative teaching and learning strategies to ensure students achieve excellence.
- Participation in lesson studies which provide an opportunity for collaborative planning and the detailed and evaluative analysis of specific pedagogical foci.
- The chance to join a growing school with further opportunities for progression as the school reaches capacity.
- Unrivalled CPDL opportunities to further develop your skills as a classroom practitioner and to develop leadership skills as you progress.
- Purpose built and well-furnished classrooms in a brand new £45 million school.
If you share in our commitment to achieve excellence for all, we want to hear from you. Please apply at Riverside School Vacancies. To find out more about our school please visit :-
Visits to the school before application are welcomed. Please contact Headteacher: Andrew Roberts, on 020 3946 5888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Riverside School, Renwick Road, Barking, IG11 0FU
Closing Date: 12 noon – Monday 14th January 2019.
Start Date: February 2019
Salary: MPS or UPS (Inner London) £29,664 - £40,372 or £44,489 - £48,244 dependent on experience
Riverside School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.