John Smeaton Academy is part of united Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. We reward our staff: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately the satisfaction of supporting schools in their quest to give every child the opportunity to succeed and reach their full potential.
About the role:
The academy are delighted to advertise the post of Teacher of Spanish to complement our existing department this academic year. This is an exciting time to join an academy under new leadership and we would welcome any applicant to visit the academy before applying.
We are therefore seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Teacher of Spanish to teach across Key Stages 3, 4 and potentially Key Stage 5.
We will only consider candidates who can evidence a strong track record of success and who have made a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme including in-house MA.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
- An experienced teacher, displaying at a minimum of ‘Good’ standard teaching or a less experienced teacher with the potential to be consistently ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’ within a short timeframe.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is passionate about Spanish and who will inspire our students to be so as well.
If you possess these qualities and share the Academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Applications are welcome from both experienced Teachers and NQT’s.
About the School:
- An 11-18, United Learning academy.
- 883 students inclusive of VI form.
- Our whole-school ethos of ‘the best in everyone’ underpins our core values of ambition, confidence, creativity, respect, enthusiasm and determination. Our aim is to send every student out into the world instilled with these values, as well as the right knowledge, skills and qualifications, so that they are ready to play their part in it.
John Smeaton Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link.
Closing date: Thursday 5th December at 12am
Interviews: To take place the following week
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.=