Harris Academy Morden opened on 1st September 2012 with specialist status for Enterprise. We are traditional in our approach to discipline and uniform, yet forward thinking and at the cutting edge of curriculum development. We have a very hard working team of teachers and support staff; they provide a caring and welcoming atmosphere for our students. The academy's GCSE results in 2016 place us in the top 2% of schools nationally.
We are looking for a dynamic Teacher of Spanish to join our successful department in September 2017. The post is initially offered as a one-year maternity cover, either full or part time, with potential to become permanent.
What we are looking for:
- A qualified teacher to teach across all key stages and who has excellent subject knowledge;
- A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning and who will expect excellence from the students;
- A collaborative and motivated individual who will lead the subject through a variety of innovative approaches including curriculum design, teaching strategies, use of technology and intervention programmes.
Why work at Harris Academy Morden?
- Staff well-being is at the heart of our academy. We have a sensible marking policy, organised marking sessions to give staff time to mark and a two week October half term holiday
- ‘A Good Academy with Outstanding Leadership & Management and Behaviour’: Ofsted Dec 2014
- A disciplined and well-organised place to learn and teach, with our recent Ofsted recognising the fantastic work to date in transforming this academy. Teaching and learning is at the centre of our drive for improvement
- Located favourably for public transport with good local access to bus, tram and train links to mainline rail and the underground network
- Exceptional personal and professional development opportunities across the Harris network
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
The academy is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 41 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you excellent training opportunities to support your career development. As a Teaching School, we are able to offer all teachers an extensive programme of first class professional development and a vibrant learning community giving all the opportunities to excel. In addition to our own programmes, our professional learning is closely aligned with the Federation and we are able to offer a full range of development including Masters and NPQH.
For a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact Mandy Francis, PA to the Principal via email on email@example.com.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.