Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Spanish on a part-time permanent basis from January 2022. Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: Part-time hours would be agreed upon appointment with the successful candidate.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a College that was founded by the Seventh Duke of Devonshire and other prominent Eastbourne citizens in 1867. It is a co-educational HMC independent school of just over 640 pupils, of whom half are full-time boarders. It is a strong community with excellent links with local schools and the remarkable town in which it is located. Academic standards are very high with an average of 80% of A-level grades being awarded A*, A or B in the last ten years. At GCSE approximately two thirds of all grades awarded are 9 to 7.
The seaside town of Eastbourne is an ideal location for a boarding school, offering as it does a wide range of attractions. The College is situated on the western tip of the town, a block or two from the sea and ten minutes' walk from the town centre, with its main-line trains to London Victoria, and from the Downs.
The Modern Languages department is one of the largest and liveliest departments, offering French, German and Spanish to A- level and Oxbridge entrance and an accelerated programme for talented linguists. Their academic results are strong at GCSE and A level. The department, comprising 8 teachers and 2 assistants is housed at the heart of the College in the Memorial Block, with a modern digital language laboratory situated in Cloisters. All classrooms have electronic whiteboards / touchscreens and audio and video facilities.
The successful applicant will be expected to teach Spanish in this highly successful department to pupils of all abilities throughout the College. Modern languages are thriving and thus the ability also to teach French would be highly desirable. The successful applicant will be expected to share their passion for languages by offering enrichment opportunities to pupils outside of the taught specifications.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to good degree standard (or equivalent) in Spanish or a closely related discipline
- Evidence of continuous personal and/or professional development
- Teaching qualification (desirable)
- An ability to teach Spanish to GCSE and A-level
- Involvement in, and support for, cocurricular activities relevant to the College
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- A high level of ICT competency
- Must have right to work in the UK
- The College offers generous packages of additional benefits and pay; all staff are on a salary scale above the national average and have opportunities for salary progression
- Accommodation may be available. The successful candidate will also benefit from a generous rate for the education of their own children
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1486700
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...