This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional candidate who is able to teach Spanish throughout the school, including A-Level. You will join our outstanding and forward-thinking Modern Foreign Languages Faculty.
Leventhorpe itself is a successful, oversubscribed Business and Enterprise Academy with keen and respectful learners. It was rated ‘Outstanding’ in all 5 categories by Ofsted in 2012. We are an accredited Teaching School; currently Leventhorpe is also the lead school for School Centres Initial Teacher Training within the Bishop’s Stortford Educational Trust (BSET).
To be successful, you will:
- have a passion for teaching and learning
- be able to teach A-Level
- have excellent subject knowledge
- be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
- have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students
- be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve
In return, we can provide:
- a positive working environment in a heavily oversubscribed school with an excellent academic record and high standards which places strong emphasis on student learning and achievement
- Modern Foreign Languages Faculty results of 88% 5+ French and 74% 5+ Spanish at GCSE and 50% B+ in MFL A-Level
- a large Sixth Form of students with flourishing language groups
- exceptionally dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students
- first-rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our training school status
- priority admission for children of staff after a qualifying period
- excellent facilities; in recent years we have experienced an intensive capital build programme, including most recently a £6 million new sports complex (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all-weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts), £1 million Learning Resource Centre, re-modelling of Design & Technology facilities, £150k annual investment in ICT provision. To accommodate our expanding roll a further £7M investment is planned to include a new state-of-the-art performing arts block alongside a brand-new Science and Sixth Form block
- subsidised Nuffield fitness gym membership
For further information and to apply, click here.
Closing date: 5.00pm, Tuesday 23rd April 2019. Interviews will take place on Monday 29th April 2019.
Leventhorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for all successful applicants.