3 days per week. Ability to teach French desirable but not essential
Required from September 2017 – June 2018
This is your opportunity to join a dynamic Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) Subject Area where there is a high demand from students and a strong record of success. Based in one of the top achieving grammar schools in the country, with commendably high ‘Value Added’, it offers you the potential to develop your own career in a school moving towards ‘Outstanding’. WCGS blends the best of tradition with the cutting edge of curriculum developments.
For the successful candidate, this is your chance to:
• Work in an Outstanding school
• Work within a highly motivated and exciting MFL Department which encourages students to achieve their full potential;
• Benefit from a Continuing Professional Development programme which has received a Quality Mark for excellence.
This position would suit a Newly Qualified Teacher or a more experienced candidate.
This brief will vary with time as you add to an already effective team, work in a flexible way, encourage innovation and enhance existing strengths.
Spanish and French are popular subjects, with all students taking either Spanish or French at KS3 and then one of the subjects for GCSE at Years 9-11. French and Spanish are also among A Level options. In addition, the subject area works with a number of French and Spanish Teaching Assistants who offer one-to-one tuition across all age groups. Naturally, great emphasis is also placed on the subject area’s work beyond the curriculum: the subject area runs regular after school support sessions for students; overseas trips; whole school assemblies; playground carnivals; international food being sold in the WCGS café; WCGS International Sing Staff competitions and many more exciting events.
• A highly motivated Senior Leadership Team who wish to see Spanish flourish within the School and local community;
• Working with students who respond well to inspirational and motivational teaching creating memorable teaching and learning experiences;
• A school which has Value Added scores which are consistently in the top 2% nationally;
• Working within a school where GCSE results are always in the top 50 state schools in the country;
• Currently teaching the Edexcel GCSE to Year 9, 10 and 11 and the Edexcel GCE to Year 12 and 13;
• A strong House System which aims to include all students;
• A small school with roughly 1000 students ensuring that all staff get to know students quickly.
Application packs are available from the School website at www.wcgs-sutton.co.uk or by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please return your completed Application Form to Mrs Jo Johnson, Personnel Officer, at email@example.com . Please be aware that part of the application form requires a statement which will act as a letter of application to the Head of School. Please note CVs will not be considered.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 22nd March 2017
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date should there be a suitable candidate. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The recruitment process will include an enhanced DBS check, medical screening, confirmation of right to work in the UK and all other pre-employments checks in line with safer recruitment requirements.