We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated teacher of Modern Foreign Languages to join a successful and energetic Modern languages Department at this continually improving, well regarded secondary community school.
The school introduced Spanish in September 2016 and are looking to appoint an outstanding classroom practitioner able to teach Spanish from KS3 – KS5 .The successful candidate will find our students enthusiastic, eager to learn and they will more than reward a committed teacher with a passion for languages.
Support from established and experienced colleagues is available and therefore the post is suitable for a newly qualified teacher or a more experienced teacher wishing to gain further experience.
Colton Hills Community School is a highly regarded 11-18 community school judged by OFSTED to be a ‘GOOD’ school in May 2015. The school encompasses a rich and harmonious multicultural community and is committed to the development of all students with the majority staying on in the sixth form.
The person we are looking for should be:
- passionate and enthusiastic about languages
- inspirational, creative and a highly effective teacher
- driven to ensure excellent student progress
- hardworking, an imaginative thinker and have excellent organisational and time management skills
- a team player who want to work and engage with colleagues at all levels
- Being able to teach German would be an advantage.
OFSTED May 2015
- “The quality of teaching is good. Teachers ask searching questions that provide a good level of challenge to all students, including the most able.”
- “Students are currently making good progress in English, mathematics and science.”
- “The sixth form is good and students are achieving improved standards across a wide range of subjects.”
- “Behaviour around the school is of a high standard.”
- “Students demonstrate positive attributes to their learning, show respect for each other and have pride in their school.”
We can offer you:
- Pupils eager for success
- Supportive parents who value education
- Supportive colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- Recently refurbished buildings with dedicated home-bases for independent learning.
- Major investment in ICT
- Extensive grounds and facilities set in green belt.
Closing date for applications Monday 23 October 2017
Interview Monday 30 October 2017
Please visit www.coltonhills.co.uk for further details.