A rare opportunity for an individual with a passion for Sport to join a stable staff team with excellent career development opportunities afforded by a growing school moving to a new purpose built state of the art premises.
If you would like a teaching job in a small independent school with a positive challenge along with the freedom to be inspirational and make a difference, we want to hear from you!
The successful applicant will teach sport across KS3 and KS4 with the addition KS5 from September 2022. The Sports teacher will be supported by specialist coaches and sports assistants.
Pupils have the opportunity to take part in at least four hours of sports lessons each week with additional opportunities for sport after school and during the Friday afternoon clubs programme. Teams regularly represent Thames in matches and tournaments, as well as competing in regional and national Independent Schools Association, borough and London-wide competitions.
Sports typically include: athletics, badminton, basketball, cricket, cross country, dance, football, gym, hockey, netball, rugby and table tennis. Clubs include sports such as self defence, squash and tennis.
Extensive use is made of facilities close to the school. These include a brand new 4G all-weather Astroturf pitch, pitches on Wandsworth Common, two large, fully equipped sports halls, one of which also offers a gym and a mirrored dance studio with a sprung floor. Our new school building will be adjacent to a multi-use games area.
Thames is a thriving mainstream school with a two stream entry founded in 2000 for pupils aged 11-16. Its close proximity to Clapham Junction station means that pupils come from a wide catchment area. A brand new purpose-built premises is under construction adjacent to Clapham Junction Station and is on schedule for completion in autumn 2021. This will expand the school to a three stream entry with a sixth form and provide excellent career opportunities for staff.
Applications are welcome from passionate teachers wanting to make a difference in a very different setting both early or later in their careers. Thames has an excellent CPD programme.
- Teaching Sport across Key Stage 3 and 4
- Coordinating a team of specialist coaches and sports assistants
- Entering pupils into competitions and tournaments and organising and attending matches for boys and girls teams, after school and some Saturdays.
- Running lessons which are suitable for a range of sporting abilities
- Organising and managing Sports Day and other whole school sporting events
- Attending parents evenings and liaising with our parent body
- Managing the bookings of sports facilities
The post is open to an excellent teacher who will:
- Be a trained teacher with a relevant good honours degree
- Be ready to take on a lead role
- Have experience in either the private or maintained system
- Have a commitment to embracing challenges and raising pupil attainment
- Be a creative, inventive and dedicated practitioner with a real passion for sport
- Have an exceptional eye for detail
- Be available to run matches on Saturday mornings and some weekday evenings
- Be excited by the school’s vision and respect the school’s values
Thames Christian School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all who work at the school to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post including an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date for Applications: As soon as possible - applications will be considered on receipt and interviews may occur at any stage so we recommend early application.
Applications should be on our own application form and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs on their own will not be considered. Full details about the post, application form and information about the school are available at https://www.thameschristianschool.org.uk/information/
Thames Christian School
Thames Christian School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Thames Christian School is a small independent secondary school for boys and girls within 8 minutes' walk from Clapham Junction station. We offer an education that is recognised for its caring Christian ethos, academic excellence and personal attenti...