Teacher of Support For Children 0.6FTE - PKC07139
£27,498 - £41,412 (pro-rata)
Based at Community Learning Wing, Perth Grammar School
In this role, you will be part of a small Early Years Inclusion Team that includes Teachers, Early Childhood Practitioners and Pupil Support Assistants. The team supports children and families who have a range of Additional Support Needs, from Birth - 5 years across Perth and Kinross.
You will support families and Early Learning & Childcare settings in a variety of ways including:
- Advice and Guidance
- Assessment of individual needs
- Family Support
- Transition planning
You will have:
- A teacher qualification recognised by GTCS
- A range of experience working with young children and their families who have additional support needs
- An understanding of inclusion and how this links to current ELC policy and guidance
- A good understanding of current nursery policies and guidance
- Excellent collaborative working skills
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written
- Ideally you should have a working knowledge of the CIRCLE Approach, makaton and PECS
- You will need to be a car driver as the post covers the Perth and Kinross Council Area.
For further information on this exciting opportunity, please contact Karen Dixon, Early Years Inclusion Co-ordinator at KDixon@pkc.gov.uk
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details for two referees, including email addresses. One should be your current or most recent employer. If you are already employed as a teacher with Perth & Kinross Council, you are only required to provide 1 reference, which must be from your current Head Teacher.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
A healthy work life balance is important to Perth & Kinross Council and we provide supportive management and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work life balance. You will have access to training and support for continued professional development.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.
Perth Grammar School
Perth and Kinross
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years