Teacher of Technical Theatre and Production Arts
Reference Number: SCC1617139
Salary: Starting salary £22,937—£38,364 per annum (points 1-9 of the SFCA teachers pay scale) incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Midnight on 25th June 2017
Interview Date: Week commencing 3rd July 2017
Faculty: Arts, Health, Care and Sports
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 1.0 FTE
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and committed Technical Theatre teacher to join an outstanding team. You will have a solid technical grounding and broad understanding of current and traditional practises in theatre production. You will deliver the BTEC Level 3 Curriculum where students will be assessed during our “Pendleton Season of Shows.” These shows are of a professional standard and the progression from the department to Drama UK accredited schools is both outstanding and exceptional, therefore industry experience is desirable. You will also be a flexible and inspiring teacher with a vision to develop this successful course further.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information about Salford City College please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Salford City College is highly ambitious and a leading provider in Greater Manchester. It aims to be outstanding in all aspects of its work.
Reasons to Join Us
· Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers Pension Scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
· For information on living and working in Salford please visit here
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.