We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and well-qualified Technology teacher to join a highly successful and innovative team. The successful candidate will have the ability to teach two subjects from the core Technology curriculum, encompassing Food, Textiles and Product Design.
They will be passionate about teaching, committed to delivering high standards of teaching and learning and thrive on the responsibility of teaching across all key stages. This position offers someone with good communication and interpersonal skills a fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious and forward thinking school.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Be dynamic and creative and have a passion for teaching
- Motivate students to achieve their potential
- Teach using innovative and inspiring methods
In return we will offer:
- The opportunity for an exceptional candidate to develop their leadership and computing skills within a highly supportive environment that fully embraces continuing professional development.
- Highly motivated students that will respond to excellent teaching.
- Excellent resources and technologies to support teaching methods
Poynton High School and Performing Arts College is an 11-18 mixed Comprehensive School with 1467 students on roll, including 312 in the Sixth Form. The school enjoys a strong reputation and increasingly attracts students from out of the immediate area. Students achieve high standards both academically and in the wide range of extra-curricular activities available.
The Creative and Digital Technologies Faculty encompasses the Departments of Computing and ICT, Product Design, Food and Nutrition/Textiles and Art. Each of these curriculum areas is led by a specialist Head of Department. Each Head of Department works with the Director of Learning for the Creative & Digital Technologies subject areas, who has overall responsibility for the team.
Poynton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its students and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Certificate. Cheshire East is committed to Equal Opportunities in Employment.