Grade/Salary: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale (£30,480 - £49,971) + SEN1 point (An additional SEN point is available to applicants with the Mandatory Qualification in Vision Impairment/Hearing Impairment/Multi-Sensory Impairment)
Required: Easter 2020
Linden Lodge School is a special school for the students with visual impairments based in Wimbledon. We are an ambitious school striving to achieve outstanding outcomes for our students.
We are looking to appoint an Outstanding Teacher of the Visually Impaired/SEN Teacher (our willingness to train) to work within the school. We have one of the most diverse school populations in the UK with expert and highly motivated multi-professional teams. Our facilities and resources are exceptional. Family partnership working is key to our philosophy.
We are looking for talented teachers who are able to meet each student at their point of learning and support their access to a meaningful exciting multi-sensory curriculum that takes into account their Vision Impairment/Multi-Sensory Impairment. It is important that you are passionate about facilitating high-quality personalised learning opportunities for students with SEN.
We are looking for an outstanding Teacher of the Visually Impaired/SEN Teacher (qualified or willingness to train) who is:
• Inspirational and enthusiastic about classroom SEN practice
• Aware of and understands the impact a Sensory Impairment will have on student’s engagement
and access to the curriculum
• Creative and innovative in their teaching
• Reflective about their own teaching and learning
• Able to demonstrate a positive caring attitude
• Highly organised and able to plan, model and deliver outstanding teaching
• Committed to working in partnership with families and other professionals to achieve the best outcomes for students
• Interested in current research and innovation in SEND practice
We can offer you:
• An enthusiastic dynamic and talented management and staff team
• A highly specialist teaching and learning environment
• Excellent opportunities for CPD
• Staff Health and Wellbeing programme
• A warm positive working environment where everyone is valued.
School Tour: We would like all applicants to visit the school before applying. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Jackie Nolan, to arrange a suitable date and time.
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also download an application and details from the School website http://www.lindenlodge.wandsworth.sch.uk/75/staff-vacancies/cat/7/linden-lodge-school
Closing Date for all applications: 23rd February 2020
Interview Date: Week commencing 24th February 2020
Linden Lodge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, an enhanced DBS will be required.
CVs are not accepted.