The Music Service is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and well-qualified temporary teacher of woodwind instruments and oboe specialist to cover maternity leave. You will be required to teach woodwind instruments at primary, secondary and post-16 levels, inspiring and motivating young musicians in a variety of contexts, including whole class instrumental teaching.
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate a commitment to high standards of teaching and learning and possess the ability to direct bands as well as lead ensembles at our thriving Music Centre.
Most Music Centre rehearsals take place on Saturdays, and teachers work Tuesday through to most Saturdays during term time. Instrumental lessons for older pupils usually take place outside curriculum time. Teachers will be expected to travel between schools during the school day with any instruments and equipment that they require.
This post carries a medium term employment permit. If appointed, you can expect to:
- Benefit from the stunning scenery and enviable quality of life;
- Work in a well-resourced service with favourable PTRs;
- Receive a generous relocation package to the island, including rent allowance;
- Earn a competitive salary, above the UK median;
- Participate in a well-resourced public service pension scheme;
- Enjoy the benefits of more generous tax allowances on an island with no VAT.
How to contact us
For further information about the post, please contact Mervyn Grand, Head of Guernsey Schools Music Service on 01481 756097 or email: Mervyn.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be made via the 'apply' button or by clicking here.
Our Recruitment team can be contacted on 01481 747394 and if you would like to register for information about future teaching vacancies, please visit www.gov.gg/careers
Closing date: 23rd May 2018.
Interview dates: 8th and 9th June 2018.