Brighton College Prep School is looking to appoint a Teacher of Year 4 from September 2021.
SPECIFIC TEACHING DUTIES
- To inspire, motivate pupils in the classroom and to enable potential to be reached
- To teach a variety of subjects including history, geography, English, maths, science, RE, PSHE and games to Year 4 pupils
- To support the Head of Year in planning, teaching and learning across the year group
- To ensure all lessons are well planned and allow for effective differentiation
- To mark, assess, record and report on children’s progress and attainment in line with departmental and whole school expectations
- To make use of standardised tests (where appropriate) in the monitoring of pupils’ progress
- To liaise with the Head of Year on all curriculum and pupil related matters where appropriate
- To ensure best possible practice within the year group and evaluate its effectiveness
- To liaise with other departments and year groups and maximise any opportunities for cross-curricular links
- To assist with a programme of transition between year groups throughout the academic year
- To celebrate pupils’ work through displays throughout the year group and around the school
- To maintain detailed academic records of pupils for the year group across all subjects
- To maintain detailed pastoral records of pupils for the year group
- To promote and ensure consistent pupil involvement in the pupil rewards system across all three strands
- To write reports and advise at Parents’ Evenings as required, and communicate effectively to parents about the progress of their child.
- To participate fully in the wider life of the school, including the teaching of games
- To attend relevant weekly meetings
- To supervise pupils on school trips and visits, as required
- To attend Admissions related events, including Open Mornings.
For further details, please see the Applicant Info Pack.
Brighton College Pre-Prep & Prep School
Brighton and Hove
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 13 years
Brighton College Nursery, Pre-Prep & Prep School is a co-educational school for children aged 3-13. It is the main feeder school to Brighton College, one of England’s leading schools. The College educates 1,000 pupils aged 13-18 alongside a Lower...