Location Central & North Coasts - Newcastle & Hunter Valley
Advertisement Number A900102121
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Porters Creek Public School
Principal Network Tuggerah Lakes
Staffing Area Central Coast
FTE 1.000Contact Name Robyn Christie
Contact Phone number 0457085184
Closing Date 29-Sep-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
Porters Creek Public School is a new school at Warnervale on the Central Coast, due to open in Term One, 2022. The school will be a centre of academic excellence housed in contemporary, state-of-the-art facilities that harness strong inspiration from the environment and cultural connections to provide an innovative educational experience for all students using flexible indoor and outdoor learning spaces. Anticipated student numbers in Phase One of construction will be 460, with future plans to accommodate up to 1000 students.
Our school motto is ‘Connect – Empower – Innovate – Excel’ which is our commitment to all members of our school community – students, staff, families and community partners. We will build and foster a growth mindset culture where students and staff alike are encouraged and supported to be innovative, confident, curious and critical in their thinking, with strong communication and collaboration skills. We will value and build on the strengths of each individual student, and nurture them to become lifelong learners who have the skills they need to succeed in a rapidly changing world. Ensuring our students develop comprehensive skills in literacy and numeracy as well as 21C capabilities will be a key focus. All teaching and learning programs will follow the latest evidence-based research while making certain that data provides purposeful information to ensure that our systems and practices are highly agile and responsive to the needs of our school community.
Porters Creek Public School is a proud partner and active member of the Muru Bulbi Local Aboriginal Education Consultative Group and Tuggerah Lakes Learning Community and will enjoy positive, collaborative partnerships with the Parents and Citizens Association and local community.
Specific Selection Criteria
- Approval to teach Infants and Primary (K-6) with demonstrated excellence in classroom teaching practices, developing and delivering high-quality differentiated and inclusive programs across all key learning areas to meet the diverse needs of all students.
- Proven capacity to contribute to a strong school culture of co-teaching, collaboration and innovation, delivering high quality, evidenced-based teaching practices to improve student outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate whole school sports programs and/or co-curricular activities that support students academically, socially and emotionally.
- Proven ability to deliver engaging teaching and learning programs that incorporate future-focused pedagogies, including ICT, and 21st Century capabilities into innovative classroom practice across all curriculum areas.
- Demonstrated understanding and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people’s Histories and Culture, including a strong commitment to the 2020-2030 Partnership Agreement and building positive relationships across the community.
- Demonstrated experience in building strong partnerships and positive relationships between home and school to maximise learning outcomes and overall wellbeing of students and families.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.